Saturday, January 24, 2015

A New Leaf on Our Family Tree


Our family is celebrating the birth of a baby boy for our oldest daughter and our favorite [only] son-in-law. The most adorable baby boy arrived over the weekend, changing the lives of all of us for the better. Phone calls, emails and congratulations flew between family members as the news spread.


Tristan David Pasquale Mensing
Born 18 January 2015, Virginia


My husband & I are now grandparents! There are many things I want to share with the newest love of our lives. I want to show him mountains and meadows and sit with him on a sandy beach as he fills a bucket of sand. I want to help him to color and bake cookies and plant a garden. I have a long list of books I want to read to him as he cuddles on my lap.

The story I most want to share with this precious boy is the story of our family. I want him to know about my loving mother and my hard working father; how they met at a square dance; worked hard for our family and took us on fun vacations in our camper. I want our grandson to know about my very independent Nana who could whistle and who knew the names of all the birds and flowers. I want to tell him about my Grandma who canned vegetables and took in boarders to help support her seven children during the depression. I want to tell him stories about the carpenters, bakers and soldiers from Ohio, Pennsylvania, Germany and Ireland who made our family what it is today.

This little boy with tiny fingers and a cute nose is motivation to write my family stories. When I’m not reading or cuddling or taking him for a walk I will be recording the stories for him.


6 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Colleen. He is beyond adorable! I hope you live close by and can spend lots of time with him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy, thanks! Unfortunately we are not in the same state but I;m sure there will be frequent visits.

      Delete
  2. Colleen, This is awesome amd such a beautiful little boy. I know he is going to be spoiled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Charlie! Of course he will be spoiled. I think he needs a pony or a six foot toy giraffe. ha!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations Colleen! He's adorable!

    My husband and I recently became grandparents too. It's so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jana. I read about your new addition. I hope you have lots of opportunities to cuddle. Our grandson is an 8 hour drive away but I'll take the drive as often as I can.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by my blog & for leaving a comment. It is always good to hear from visitors, cousins & fellow bloggers,