Friday, April 24, 2015

Join in! Arbor Day: “Plant a Tree”

He plants trees to benefit another generation.
Caecilius Statius



Join the Arbor Day Celebration.
The National Celebration is today!  There are spruce, cypress, peach trees and, of course, family trees. Let’s celebrate our family trees.



This Week’s Arbor Day Prompt
Friday, April 24.  
 “Plant a Tree”

TheArbor Day Foundation encourages us to plant a tree today. Plant a new family tree or give some fertilizer to your smallest tree. What is your smallest tree? What do you hope to do to help it grow? Help a friend plant a new family tree. Keep planting and soon we will have beautiful forests.

 Be creative & use this only as a starting point. Go off in any direction you’d like.

Share. Be sure to post a comment with a link to your “Plant a Tree” post!


Research, Have Fun, Get Creative & 
Post when you are Ready!


My “Plant a Tree”



Key: Yellow = my direct line; Brown = New information!

My smallest tree is connected to my great grandfather,
Leopold Gartner 1860 Hungry – 1948 NY.

 This little tree has just grown. I didn't have the right fertilizer to help it grow so I have reached out to a professional genealogist. Robert J Friedman from Steps to the Past and member of the association of Professional Genealogists is researching this family tree for me. Robert has already sent me birth & death records, a Hungarian Census, and other data that has helped to expand this tree. Hopefully he will help turn this acorn into a mighty oak.





2 comments:

  1. Hi Colleen, we don't have Arbor Day in Ireland, but I can celebrate my family tree any day... see the link to my blog post http://blackravengenealogy.blogspot.com/2015/04/genealogy-arbor-day-typical-irish.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dara, thanks for linking up here. Love your post. I think you have PLENTY of people to research on your tree!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog & for leaving a comment. It is always good to hear from visitors, cousins & fellow bloggers,