One Year Ago I began this blog about my genealogy research and my family’s history. I was happy to find a place where I could reach out to others: ‘old’ family connections who are interested in results of my research and new family connections for expanding our family information.
My first blog, Pennsylvania Research for the Mark family, centered on the discoveries I had recently made. I was unsure how to add photos yet and my page set up was quite simple but I was excited about improving and expanding my blog. Since then I’ve added pages for family branches and links to other genealogy blogs. I was surprised to be ‘interviewed’ by Geneabloggers for their “May I Introduce You to” section in April and to be given the One Lovely Blog Award.
Some topics I have written about this past year
- Further Pennsylvania research
- Monthly family birthdays
- 150th Anniversary of the start of the Civil War & our Civil War Soldiers
- Irish ancestors
- Rittersville, Pennsylvania; a town founded by our family
- Connecting with a new cousin
- Formatting my Mark Family book to get it ready for publication
Some future topics:
- Funeral cards
- Back to School, a 1930s photo
- My double great grandparents
- Findings in the 1940 US Census
- Updates on printing the Mark Family book
My hopes for the future of my blog include connecting with more cousins & solving more family mysteries. I hope I have helped others by sharing the information I have gathered over the years.
Thank you to everyone who has visited my blog, commented on the blog or contacted me through my blog!