Monday, January 21, 2013

Motivational Monday - an Award


Wonderful Team Member Readership Award 
Surprises can be, well, surprising! I was surprised to receive the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award from Wendy at Jollett, etc. Wendy has an appealing and informative blog that updates her research of the Jolletts of Virginia and their offshoots. We have been visiting each other’s blogs for a long time. Thanks, Wendy, for your continued support, inspiration & for this award. I’d like to send this right back to you. Be sure to visit Wendy’s blog: Jollett etc.

Blog reading is fun. I just love reading other blogs. I like reading ‘May I Introduce You to…” at Geneabloggers because it is a great place to ‘meet’ new people, see their work and be motivated to improve my own writing. 


Part of this Readership award is to pass it on. My first reader was my daughter, Alyssa, who has her own blog: Vegtopia [delicious Vegan recipes] & facebook spot Grape Keeper [wine!]. She deserves this award for reading & tech support.

I’d like to pass this on to Charles L. Purvis at Carolina Family Roots. His posts are scholarly & he inspires me to always cite my sources. Charlie, thanks for reading & commenting on my posts. 

I’d also like to send it on to Louise at The Story of Our Ancestors, my most recent reader. It is always nice to share with ‘new’ people! She inspires me to reach out to more readers. 

A great reader is someone who shares, supports & motivates me to improve my research & writings. 

Rules of the award… 

Thank the nominator and link back to their site as well;
Display the award logo on your blog;
Nominate no more than fourteen readers of your blog you appreciate and leave a comment on their blogs to let them know about the award;
Finish this sentence: “A great reader is…”

Keep Blogging & Keep Reading! 

1 comment:

  1. Colleen.
    Thank you very much for giving me this award. As a relatively new blogger this award business is all part of my steep learning curve!
    Thank you once again and I will continue to be a wonderful reader - which is not hard as you're blog is exceptionally readable :-))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog & for leaving a comment. It is always good to hear from visitors, cousins & fellow bloggers. Note that I do not publish anonymous comments.