Wednesday, April 30, 2014

National Genealogy Conference – Next Week!

Just a few more days & I’ll pack up my car & head south to Virginia. I plan to attend the National Genealogy Conference in Richmond where I hope to learn many ways to improve my research, organize it & share my findings. I have been to the Ohio Genealogy Conference but never a national conference.


Tuesday night, before the conference begins, I will attend the FamilySearch NGS Blogger Dinner. The invitation said, “It is customary for FamilySearch to hold this social event the evening preceding the NGS conference. It gives us a chance to touch base with you, share what’s new at FamilySearch, and provide a forum for you to socialize with your peer bloggers attending the conference.“ Sounds good.

The next day, sessions begin. My four days are planned out, focusing on VA, NS & SC research. I downloaded the App on my iPad. The App has my schedule, maps, speakers, exhibitors, and other attendees. I can already download the handouts for each session, checking the details to be sure the sessions will focus on my interests & answer my questions.

With the App, I can see my friends & their schedules & find the best time to meet up! Wendy from Jollett Etc. & Cheri from Carolina Girl Genealogy & I plan to meet at the conference. If you are there be sure to say hello. I’ll be the northern girl with a clipboard, a camera and the look of a lost tourist. Ha!



2 comments:

  1. I was reading someone's list of what to pack for the conference and she said a TIARA. What?? A TIARA? But now that I think about it, that's a good way to find the person you want to meet up with. So I think YOU should wear a tiara so that it'll be easy to spot you. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Sorry but I don't own a tiara. I could wear a hat or carry a rose maybe. ha!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by my blog & for leaving a comment. It is always good to hear from visitors, cousins & fellow bloggers. Note that I do not publish anonymous comments.