Saturday, May 9, 2015

Wedding Anniversary, Coyle & Gardner


Married
9 May 1921
My Maternal Grandparents

They were born, met & married in New York City. They met when they both worked for the Western Union Telegraph Company. The photo, above, was taken c 1920 when they were boating at Central Park. I love the way my Nana is holding Nat's hat on her lap. He has taken off his jacket but is still wearing his vest & tie for rowing in the park.

There are no wedding photos for my grandparents. The ceremony was held in City Hall. Because of the religious differences, the families were against their marriage so there was no family celebration. It took years and the birth of my mother before they were able to reconnect with their families.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog & for leaving a comment. It is always good to hear from visitors, cousins & fellow bloggers. Note that I do not publish anonymous comments.