Thursday, December 8, 2016

Family Tree/ Christmas Tree


Christmas is a time for family, past & present.
As family genealogists we look for ways to share the past.


I look for small photo frames to hang on our tree.
I hang photos of ancestors & present family members.


Nieces & nephews like to find themselves on the tree.
While they are looking I point out ancestors & tell them stories.


These little frames also help me to feel like my parents & my grandparents 
are a part of our celebration of the holidays.


Make your tree a family tree.


11 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea to "make your tree a family tree" for Christmas! Sharing family memories at holiday time weaves those ancestors into the heart of your celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea Colleen! I think I'll have to borrow it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colleen,

    I want to let you know that your blog post is listed in today's Fab Finds post at http://janasgenealogyandfamilyhistory.blogspot.com/2016/12/follow-friday-fab-finds-for-december-9.html

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jana! It is always an honor to be included in your Fab Finds! Merry Christmas!

      Delete
    2. What an absolutely wonderful idea........I hope you don't mind but I may have to "honestly" "steal" your idea. Have a wonderfully blessed Christmas.

      Delete
  4. Terrific idea and the ornaments are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog & for leaving a comment. It is always good to hear from visitors, cousins & fellow bloggers. Note that I do not publish anonymous comments.