Saturday, September 2, 2017

My 7th Blog Anniversary!




In September 2010 I talked to my daughter about my genealogy and I wondered how I could get my research and findings out to family members. I wanted to contact family members that I knew and those that I had never met. My daughter suggested writing a blog. She explained how a blog works and helped me to set up this blog. 

On 3 September 2010 my first post went out and I waited to see where it would lead.

I've made cosmetic changes over the years, trying many things to make it look inviting. I added Tabs with basic information about my family branches & research tips. I have spent many happy hours writing, posting, finding attractive graphics, and rearranging the layout. 

The good news is: I have made several good blogging buddies. I have found cousins I never would have known without this blog. My family has become more interested in our past and the people in it. People have left me kind & helpful comments. I have been motivated to learn more & to share more.

There are many blogs with more followers & more visitors than mine, and I'd be insincere if I said I wouldn't like higher numbers, but I am proud of how much I have learned and happy with my blogging experiences. 


Grab a cupcake & celebrate with me:
 7 years & more to come!








17 comments:

  1. Congratulations on seven wonderful years, Colleen. I think you have a wonderful blog. And here's to seven more years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen, Congratulations on #7. That's a lot of years in the blog world. I hope you enjoy many more years of sharing your stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, thanks for stopping by. I do hope to continue researching & sharing my discoveries as long as I have wonderful people like you stopping by to read.

      Delete
  3. Dear Colleen, Congratulations on your blogiversary and it's a pleasure to be following along on your genealogical journey! Looking forward to reading your blog for many years to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marian, one of the best things about blogging is making blogging buddies like you who are supportive and fun. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  4. Snap, Colleen, I too have just marked my 7th bligiversary. Congratulations on lasting this long and giving us such interesting posts to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very kind, ScotSue. It is great to be a part of a blogging community where we motivate, teach and support each other. Have a cupcake!

      Delete
  5. I always get good ideas from your blog. Usually I walk away wondering why I didn't think to do that. Happy Blogiversary and here's to the next 7!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, thanks for the good wishes & kind words. You were by very first blogging buddy & our interchange of ideas and encouragement has motivated me many times over the years. I hope we can meet face to face again at another convention.

      Delete
  6. Happy blogiversary, Colleen and congratulations on completing another successful year. I look forward to your posts in year 8.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dara, you are very sweet. Thanks for those kind words. Wish I could pass you a cupcake.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Amberly, thanks for stopping by & your kind comment. It is always good to hear from thegenealogygirl!

      Delete
  8. Colleen'
    Congratulations and Happy Belated Blogiversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A bit late, but wow, 7 years! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joan! It is never too late for good wishes. Glad you came by.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by my blog & for leaving a comment. It is always good to hear from visitors, cousins & fellow bloggers. Note that I do not publish anonymous comments.