Friday, October 2, 2026

Heinrich Ritter Found in an Old Book

 Old books are terrific for getting social and historic details of our families. I love uncovering them in small local libraries. When I cannot travel, I like to use <archive.org> that has a vast supply of images of books, each easily searchable.

This book has some references to my Ritter family. 

 

The Schoolhouse Near the Old Spring

A History of the Union School and Church Association

Dillingersville, Pennsylvania

By Andrew S. Berky

 




 

Heinrich Ritter

c 1715 Germany – 1797 PA; my 6th great grandfather

I found these snippets concerning my grandfather. 


 

Page 16           Lutheran Church.  August 1748. Heinrich Ritter was a delegate “representing the Upper Milford Church Council.”   “Delegates from all of the parishes met at St. Michael’s church in Philadelphia…” “Much of the discussion centered upon schools and Ox and Ritter reported that the congregation had not been able to provide for one.”

 

Page 99          Baptisms.  1751. Heinrich Ritter and wife Elisabetha baptized their son, “Henrich Wilhelm born February 20 baptized Mar. 24”

 

Page 121         Admitted to Holy Communion in the congregation. April 1751. “Henirich Ritter & wife, Elisabetha” 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog & for leaving a comment. It is always good to hear from visitors, cousins & fellow bloggers. Note that I do not publish anonymous comments.