Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Tech Tuesday = No Tech


Technology is terrific, when it works. I keep my genealogy, my generations of family photographs, my family book-in-progress and many other things on my laptop. I’ve had a Lenovo ThinkPad for about five years. Over those years I had a couple broken keys and my laptop was not very fast any more. I decided to treat myself to a new Lenovo. I passed the old one on to my daughter.



Unfortunately, before I could begin to enjoy my new laptop, the hard drive failed. It has been returned to Lenovo, quickly repaired and is on its way back to me.

Meanwhile I am learning how much my life has been centered around that machine. All my information is on an external hard drive but I can’t easily access it. I have the ancestry app on my iPad but the app does not give me a link to all my Family Tree Maker 2012 details. I cannot read my ‘Notes’ for individuals. I keep lots of details & sources there.

I have new information from my trip to Ireland that I cannot yet add to my records. New posts for my blog are also on hold for now.

My Tech Tuesday is, sadly, a No Tech Tuesday.

4 comments:

  1. How frustrating to have the information ready to enter and not have the means.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain, my 3yr old Acer has the same issue. I am waiting for it to be returned to me this week after getting the hard drive replaced. Yes external hard drives are good, but not fun to try and work from.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog & for leaving a comment. It is always good to hear from visitors, cousins & fellow bloggers. Note that I do not publish anonymous comments.