Thursday, September 6, 2012

Two Year Blog Anniversary

I am excited to find Leaves & Branches celebrating its two year blog anniversary and over 20,000 visits! Thanks to all those who have sent best wishes. Thanks to my daughter who got me started setting up this blog and who continues to help with technical issues.  Thanks to geneabloggers & all the marvelous genealogy blogs that have inspired me to reach further, learn more and do more.

My first blog, ‘Pennsylvania Research for the Mark family’, centered on the discoveries I had recently made. Since then I have added many blogs about my father’s Brown/ Mark family in Ohio & Mississippi and my mother’s Gardner/Coyle family in New York City & Ireland.

Some topics I have written about this past year:
Ancestor Anniversaries
Census Sundays
Surname Saturdays
Salt Lake City Research Trip
Obituaries
The 150th Anniversary of the start of the Civil War & our Civil War Soldiers
My double great grandparents
Cemeteries
My Trip to Ireland

My dream trip to Ireland in April led to 11 blogs about my preparations for the trip, research there and more blogs about the follow up I have done since my return. I am still surprised I was able to visit the places my ancestors lived.

This year I have also started a web site, Our Leaves & Branches, that details information I have uncovered about my various family branches. My blog & website work well together and expand my opportunities to reach new cousins. My hopes for the future of my blog include connecting with more cousins & solving more family mysteries. I hope I have helped others by sharing the information I have gathered over the years.





13 comments:

  1. Happy Blogiversary! You have accomplished a great deal. While we are not cousins, you are indeed a sister after my own heart and you have inspired me to think in different ways about my own research and blog-writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogiversary!! It's wonderful that you were able to travel to Ireland, where your ancestors lived. That must have been a marvelous experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jana, it was definitely a highlight of my year [after our son's wedding & our daughter's graduation]. Thanks for the good wishes.

      Delete
    2. Just wanted to let you know your blog post was listed on today's Fab Finds post at http://janasgenealogyandfamilyhistory.blogspot.com/2012/09/follow-fridayfab-finds-for-september-7.html

      Delete
  3. Colleen, congratulations on your two year blogiversary! That is fabulous that you got to travel to Ireland and do the research so many can only dream of doing. Best wishes as you embark on another year of blogging--and may many cousins find themselves headed your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jacqi, thanks for the good wishes. My list of cousins is always growing.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by my blog & for leaving a comment. It is always good to hear from visitors, cousins & fellow bloggers. Note that I do not publish anonymous comments.