Saturday, March 23, 2013

Alphabetical Ancestors - F


Take a moment to look over these surnames. I post them in hopes of discovering new contacts to expand my knowledge of these names. Some of these surnames are more twigs than branches on my tree. It is time to let them out to get some sunshine & some attention.
If you see some leaves & branches from your trees, let’s share & compare.


F is for these Surnames…


Faulkenberry
This line begins with Jacob Faulkenberry [b c 1715]. His son was John Faulkenberry [ b 1740]. John’s children were born in South Carolina. Some of them changed their surname to Fortenberry.
Fisher
My third great grandmother was Isabell (Fisher) Ritter [1828 OH – 1870 OH] who married Isaac Ritter [1823 – 1880 OH]. Her father was John. Unfortunately, I have no other information on the Fishers.
Flickinger
Bertha (Flickinger) Mark [1904 OH – 2000 OH] married my great grand uncle, Charles Forest Mark [1892 OH – 1967 OH]. About 1965 Bertha wrote a brief history of the Mark family for which I am indebted to her. I am curious about her family.
Fornea
I have a handful of Fornea names. Julius Robert Fornea [b 1922 LA] married Donis Bernelda Ball [b 1925 LA]. They had seven children.
A long list of Fortenberry names, mostly located in southern states, are linked to my trees. They are descendants of Jacob Faulkenberry, mentioned above. My third great grandfather is William Jasper Fortenberry [b c 1772 SC – 1842 MS].
Fravel
          Calvin Ford Fravel [b 1925 VA] married Mary Arline Parker [b 1927 OH]. They had                   two sons.
Fry
My Fry family comes from Ohio. Clarence Fry [b c 1882 OH] married Gertrude Idella Wolf [1884 OH – 1922 OH]. They had five sons.
         

Other ‘F’ Surnames in my tree: Fegan, Felker, Gerguson, Finn, Fitchtner, Flood, Foss, Frantz & Fussell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog & for leaving a comment. It is always good to hear from visitors, cousins & fellow bloggers. Note that I do not publish anonymous comments.