Thursday, July 14, 2016

Time to Write: Editing, Editing & more Editing



Each time we think the final copy is in our hands my daughter & I give the book another read through and find another correction or addition we need to fix: captions to be corrected, grammar fixes, additions to family timelines, layout alterations & etc. Better to find them now, before the book is printed. We have rough copies made quickly at Staples but not a final copy. It is a process that we are enjoying but we are also looking forward to finishing & moving on.

We had family photos taken last week. Once we have these digital copies to add to the final section, we are ready to close the book, sit back & think about the next book.



7 comments:

  1. So impressed with the way you have photos carefully laid out and detailed captions. This is going to be an heirloom book and the time invested will pay dividends for years. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marion. Sometimes it feels that the closer I get to the end, the farther away that is because there is always just one more thing. ha!

      Delete
  2. Looks like you are getting a handle on cleaning up those small details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlie, I can better see the typos and other changes when it is in print. Using Staples to make copies helps.

      Delete
  3. I like the look of those pages you've shown us with layered photos. All the sticky notes crack me up though. It's good you're going through that process slowly because it's difficult to find your own mistakes. There is nothing as disappointing and maddening as printing the final book and then finding an error afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, I agree. After I had 'The Mark Family Story' printed I found errors and am still kicking myself. For this book I am trying to be more careful. Post it notes are great to make places that need attention, especially bright colored sticky notes!

      Delete
  4. What a big project, but I know many will appreciate your efforts. I haven't had the nerve to take on such a project yet, but it's on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog & for leaving a comment. It is always good to hear from visitors, cousins & fellow bloggers. Note that I do not publish anonymous comments.