Thursday, July 21, 2016

Time to Write & Time to Clean up


I have been telling the story of my mother's family since my children have been old enough to listen and I have been making notes and writing versions of this side of my family's stories for years. Early versions were handwritten or typed [on a typewriter].

It is time to clear out all those early copies, both paper & digital. I have been emptying my file cabinet drawers. I recycled old family tree forms, outdated lists of library holdings, duplicate & triplicate copies of old letters [originals are safe & their images are in the book], duplicates of too many papers,... It feels good to clear things out.


The clearing out will make room for the next book.




4 comments:

  1. This is something I definitely need to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so hard to do, but I do love it when things are all neat and organized. I really feel like I can think better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It is the same in my sewing room when I finish making a quilt. I give it a good cleanup and that inspires me to make another project!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by my blog & for leaving a comment. It is always good to hear from visitors, cousins & fellow bloggers. Note that I do not publish anonymous comments.