Tuesday, September 21, 2021

76 Years Ago: Wedding of Simms – Fortenberry, 1945 MS


 

 

Arlea Fortenberry


Born c 1926

Daughter of Willis Franklin Fortenberry & Ivy May Smith

Wife of Otis Simms, Jr.


&

Otis Simms



Simms – Fortenberry Nuptials Said in Progress Recently

 

Progress, Sept. 27. – A wedding much to the interest of the Progress community was that of Miss Arlea Fortenberry of Progress to Otis Simms, Jr., of the U. S. Navy.

 

The ceremony was performed Saturday evening, September 22 in the home of Mrs. Mallie Fortenberry with the Rev. Clyde Jones officiating. The attendants were Mrs. Edwin Blades and Mrs. Frances Ramano.

 

Mrs. Simms is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. W. F. Fortenberry and a 1945 graduate of Progress High School.

 

Mr. Simms is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Otis Simms of Tylertown and is on leave until the 9thof October.

 

Source: Simms – Fortenberry Nuptials Said in Progress Recently. (McComb, MS: Enterprise – Journal, 28 Sept. 1945) 7; digital image, Newspapers.com: accessed March 2021).





2 comments:

  1. I am Sandra Sims, daughter of Arlea Fortenberry Sims & Otis Sims, (spelled with 1 m). My grandparents were Willis & Ivy Fortenberry of Progress, Ms. Don't know if we're distant cousins, so can you let me know. I've never done genealogy, so don't know how to track it. A cousin sent me my parents wedding announcement & this has me very interested. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, is there a better way for us to communicate? Perhaps you can send me an email if you'd like to learn more. cgbp@nycap.rr.com

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by my blog & for leaving a comment. It is always good to hear from visitors, cousins & fellow bloggers. Note that I do not publish anonymous comments.