Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Forget Me Not: Frederick Wolf, 1891 PA

These two newspaper notices tell us of the illness and death of Frederick Wolf, the "oldest citizen of Abbottsville." He was 87 years old.


Note: the first notice was published 30 Oct. I believe he had died before that was published. I need to double check my source.




Mr. Frederick Wolf, the oldest citizen of Abbottsville, is critically ill.

New Oxford Item
New Oxford, PA, 30 Oct 1891, page 5
Newspapers.com

 Frederick Wolf

 Born 9 September 1804, Berwick, Adams County, PA

Died 29 October 1891, Abbottsville, Adams County, PA


Son of John Frederick Wolf & Esther Barbara Shaffer

Husband of Louisa C. Goetz

My 4x great uncle


Adams - in Abbottstown, Frederick Wolf, ex - director of the poor, aged 87.


The Sentinel

Carlisle, PA, 6 Nov 1891, page 3

Newspapers.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog & for leaving a comment. It is always good to hear from visitors, cousins & fellow bloggers. Note that I do not publish anonymous comments.