Monday, February 6, 2012

The Family History Writing Challenge

Always wanted to write the history of your family? Join the Family History Writing Challenge for the month of February.

You will have pointers on where to begin & how to proceed. You will have the support of others who are trying the same thing.

Your story does not have to go back to the end of time. Write about your life, your parents or your grandparents; focus on just one branch of a family; or begin an epic saga.

I am focusing on my mother's family [my genealogy goal for 2012]: Coyle, Mullane, Brady & Gardner in Ireland & Austria families and how they relate to each other.

Go to the website. Then grab a pen & pencil or your computer and begin. Even the longest book begins with the first word!

3 comments:

  1. I am in awe of what others have accomplished already. Their outlines and plans are so interesting. They make me aware of how much more research I really need to make mine more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You have a book done already. I'm so impressed! I joined the writing challenge too - and the biggest challenge is the structure. Working on that now. Thanks for dropping by my blog today (Happy Valentine's day) and for commenting! You have an amazing collection and research highlighted here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The writing challenge is a terrific idea. I hope everyone meets their goals!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog & for leaving a comment. It is always good to hear from visitors, cousins & fellow bloggers. Note that I do not publish anonymous comments.