Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tranquil Tombstone: Charles & Dianna Ritter

Rittersville Cemetery, St. Peter’s United Church of Christ
North Tacoma Street, Allentown, Pennsylvania

I found these to be very interesting tombstones. I believe there was engraving on the 'foot' stones but the engraving was too worn to read.

Charles Ritter
Charles Ritter
Born 12 January 1806
Died 11 April 1883
Aged 77 years, 2 months, 29 days
Son of John Michael Ritter, 1782 – 1854 & Margaret Orner










Dianna Ritter
Born 6 June 1806
Died 22 September 1863
Wife of Charles Ritter

In 1860 Charles & Dianna were living in Rittersville, Hanover Twp., Lehigh County, Pennsylvania. He was the owner of the hotel & store. Charles had taken these over after the death of his father, the founder of Rittersville.






You can see more photos of Ritter tombstones. I posted the Ritter tombstone pictures on Find A Grave and in my Our Leaves & Branches Photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog & for leaving a comment. It is always good to hear from visitors, cousins & fellow bloggers. Note that I do not publish anonymous comments.