Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Our Brown Roots


My book is almost ready to be put into your hands.
After many years of research, writing and editing the story of my father's family is close to printing. Tomorrow I will visit Troy Book Makers for a final editing session. There are a few little items to fix and then the printing will begin.
Watch my blog. I will let you know when it will be ready for sale.



Our Brown Roots began as a quest to learn more about my father’s paternal roots but quickly expanded to include many related families. The Brown family had married Alford, Brumfield and Smith and those families married Ashley, Dillon, Fortenberry, Hollis, Kelly, Kennington, Lawrence, Ott and Spurlock. The deeper our roots stretch, the wider they spread. My research, begun in New York and Ohio, quickly moved to Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Mississippi, Louisiana and beyond. Information from Bibles, letters, interviews, documents, maps and photographs blended into family trees, timelines, outlines and family stories. 

 

Our families were in the Colonies before the United States came to be. In this book you will learn the history of those families, how their lives intertwined and the worlds in which they lived. To understand the people who populate our family tree, we must understand their worlds. What was happening in the places they lived, at the time they lived there? Learn about how our families grew as our country grew; how our ancestors used their strengths and talents to defend and build their lives, their families and our country. It is my sincere hope that this book will keep those ancestors alive into future generations. 



Questions?

This is the place to ask.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog & for leaving a comment. It is always good to hear from visitors, cousins & fellow bloggers. Note that I do not publish anonymous comments.