Monday, December 12, 2011

Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories December 12 – Chartable/Volunteer Work


1967. Thomas K. Mark
Here is a Christmas Memory from my grand aunt, Viola Cathern (Mark) Nothstein, 1913 – 2004, daughter of Thomas K. & N. Regina (Gruissy) Mark. She talked about Christmas in Ohio when she was a girl, one of seven children.

Viola said her father, Thomas Kenneth Mark, 1879 - 1975, dressed up as Santa Claus for the program at church. He wore a red costume from the church. Viola said, “I remember one year when we were pretty small Owen got up in church and said, ‘That’s my Daddy!’ Another time Dad had a turkey for the church.  After the program Daddy come over to home and he had the red suit on and he’d said. ‘Now you guys better be in bed before I get back.’ He always done a lot around the church. If they wanted anything fixed they would always ask Dad.”




Written in response to Geneabloggers Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories. Click on the link to read Christmas memories from other genealogists.

Cousins, do you have a Christmas memory you'd like to share? Let me know. I can add it to this Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories and maybe to the next family book. Contact me: cgbp[at]nycap.rr.com

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by my blog & for leaving a comment. It is always good to hear from visitors, cousins & fellow bloggers. Note that I do not publish anonymous comments.