In just a few days my dream of visiting Ireland will be reality. However, this is not time for dreaming. I have preparations to make and lists to cross off. Fortunately my family gave me some wonderful birthday [St. Patrick’s Day] gifts that will help for the trip.
· A lightweight trip pod for my camera. My daughter & I will be able to be in photos together (from my husband, whose roots are in Italy).
· A travel alarm clock (from my son and soon to be daughter in law). It will adjust to the change in time zones.
· Extra SD cards for my camera so I can take lots of photos!
· A sleep mask & neck pillow for the night crossing of the Atlantic.
· A power convertor (from my electrical engineer daughter & her boyfriend, also an electrical engineer!).
· An iTunes gift card to get books & movies for my iPad that will keep me entertained on the plane (thanks to my daughter and my favorite [and only] son in law).
We are also packing plenty of warm clothing and comfortable walking shoes; maps & a GPS. Of course, I have my genealogy notes on my Irish ancestors for research there! Any suggestions for other items I should pack? This is my first trip across the Atlantic and I am open to suggestions!