Friday, December 11, 2020

Christmas Gift for my Dad, 1939 OH


This book was a gift to my father,
from his mother's sister,
for Christmas 1939.


Fortunately, my Great Aunt Wava wrote in the front of the book, signing  and dating it.

At that time my father was 11 years old. His aunt was 20. They were both living in Ohio. A year later, my grandparents moved their family to New York State. They had a large extended family in Ohio; through Ivy Regina Mark Brown, my grandmother. My grandmother must have missed her family terribly. My father talked about his Ohio relatives and we visited Ohio a few times when my brothers and I were small. 


The book, Beautiful Stories of the Bible, was printed in 1937.
There are several black & white illustrations. It is well worn. 


1938 Photo of the Mark Sisters:
left to right: 
Viola Cathern Mark Nothstein,
 Isabel Esther Mark Nee,
 Ivy Regina Mark Brown [my grandmother]
and Wava Alice Mark Braun

They were the daughters of 
Thomas Kenneth Mark (1879 OH - 1975 OH) &
N. Regina Victoria Gruissy (1879 OH - 1959 OH)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog & for leaving a comment. It is always good to hear from visitors, cousins & fellow bloggers. Note that I do not publish anonymous comments.