Saturday, December 8, 2012

Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories - Cookies


Christmas cookies! Yummy.

My brothers and I helped our mom bake cookies every year. When I became a mom our children helped me. Below is a recipe that has become a favorite. It was given to us by Joan, a wonderful young woman who used to babysit for our children and who now has a beautiful daughter of her own.

Forgotten Kisses

2 egg whites beaten until stiff
Add 1/2 tsp cream of tarter
Pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup sugar
Beat until stiff & shiny.
Fold in 1 cup chocolate chips.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Drop by teaspoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Turn oven OFF and leave cookies in oven overnight or at least 6 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog & for leaving a comment. It is always good to hear from visitors, cousins & fellow bloggers. Note that I do not publish anonymous comments.