Monday, September 2, 2013

The Book of Me

The Book of Me, Written by You is a blog
 prompt originated by Julie at Anglers Rest
and encouraged by Geneabloggers.


The prompt for week 1: Ask yourself 20 times “Who are you?” Each time you should give yourself a different answer, and if you can easily go beyond 20 entries then that is fine too. This prompt is about how YOU see YOU. Give it a try and check in with Julie for more prompts. 


Who am I?

I am a small part of a wonderful family; wife, mother, sister, cousin, aunt,…
I am the result of a long line of strong, independent women.
I am a descendent of an Irish baker, a Western Union telegrapher & a Mississippi wheelwright.
I am a collector of postcards, family memorabilia, photographs and ancestors.
I am an enjoyer of holidays and traditions.
I am a gatherer of letters & documents, of names & dates.
I am an organizer who likes folders and paper and pens in many colors.
I am a journaler, a scribbler, a would be novelist.
I am someone who learns and grows; who teaches and shares.
I am a traveler, an explorer of new places.
I am a beach walker, a seashell collector, a wave splasher.
I am a photographer, trying to preserve today for tomorrow.
I am a lover of color & texture, of fabrics and threads and quilts.
I am a grower of pink roses, white baby’s breath and yellow marigolds.
I pamper my cats and feed the birds.
I laugh and cuddle with children.
I reread favorite books, so I can visit the characters again.
I light candles and whisper prayers.
I gaze at stars and imagine.
I love and dream and wonder.
I am a small part of a marvelous universe.


1 comment:

  1. Good answer! I missed the announcement of this meme. Maybe I'll try to catch up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog & for leaving a comment. It is always good to hear from visitors, cousins & fellow bloggers. Note that I do not publish anonymous comments.