Thursday, October 1, 2015

Book Report: The Descendants of Jacob Ott of South Carolina & Louisiana



The Descendants of Jacob Ott of 
South Carolina & Louisiana
By
Ruth Temple Ott Wallis
1967
Privately Printed



A few years ago, before ancestry trees & DNA matches, I connected with a cousin, Mark James, who sent me copies of Ruth’s homemade book about our mutual Ott family.  The amount of data she collected is wonderful, especially considering she had no internet to assist in her search. Her early records include snippets from Bibles, Military records from the National Archives, Births and Marriages also from the National Archives and Military Records from Charleston, SC.

Then she focuses on Jacob Ott III of Louisiana & his children: Joel, Charles, Jessie, Naomi, Sarah, Samuel, Charlotte [my 3 x great grandmother] and Jacob.

I have copies of the early pages of this book & the section on Charlotte Ott. This section is a long outline listing her descendants. I would love to have the rest of the book. Does anyone know where I can find the rest?

Although I think Ruth’s book is remarkable for her time it has no references. A good reminder to me to always cite my sources.


3 comments:

  1. I have a copy
    Contact me if you still need
    Polly
    415-373-8291

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome website. I came across it looking for more info on my Ott ancestors. I'm a great great grandaughter of Frank M. Ott of Osyka, Pike County, MS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you are learning about the Ott family. Have you found any sources you'd like to share?

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by my blog & for leaving a comment. It is always good to hear from visitors, cousins & fellow bloggers. Note that I do not publish anonymous comments.