I have walked through many cemeteries. There are often beautiful, serene places. They are filled with history and art. It is wonderful to find a relative's memorial. I often find birth or death dates I did not know. Looking all around the memorial I sometimes find other family members.
It is nice to find a family connection in the real world, not just another digital image. As I stand & photograph the memorial I wonder who else has stood in that spot, grieving for this individual or, like me, learning about this individual.
Here are links to blog posts about some cemeteries I have visited. I have folder filled with more cemetery photos that I should add to future blog posts.
AT THE CEMETERIES
- Mount St. Peter Kilday family
- Old St. Mary's Cemetery Brady family
- Pine Grove Brady family
- Saint Mary's Coyle family
- Searching for a Tombstone Mullane Family
- Ott Cemetery Ott family
- North Park Gartner family
- Immaculate Conception Brady family
- Riverside Cemetery Gartner/Bearman family
- Calvary Cemetery Carberry Family
- Reedsburg Cemetery Mark family
- St. Peter's Ritter
- Mummert's Cemetery Dick family
- Black Oak Ridge Ritter family
- Rittersville Cemetery Ritter family
- Upper Conewago Church of the Brethren Cemetery Dick family
- Gordonsville Cemetery Brumfield
When you take photographs of a cemetery be sure to add them to Find A Grave.
There may be someone else anxious to see those memorials.