Tuesday, March 16, 2021

My Irish Roots

 


Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I love this holiday. Why? Because I have strong Irish roots, especially through my maternal side. My mother's mother was Helen F. Coyle Gardner. Her parents came from Ireland to New York City in the late 1880s. And I like this holiday because it is my birthday. Yes, those parades and the green beer are for me! 



This photograph shows three generations:
 My Nana, Helen F. Coyle Gardner (1897  NY - 1965 NY),
My mother, Alberta Joy Gardner Brown (1928 NY - 1992 NY),
My older brother & the baby is me, Colleen G. Brown Pasquale


Details on Helen's ancestry follow in the Pedigree Chart & links to other posts. Before you read those details, here is an Irish Blessing for today & always.

May you have warm words on a cold evening,
A full moon on a dark night,
And a smooth road all the way to your door.




4 comments:

  1. Happy St Patrick's Day to you, Colleen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Colleen! I hope you have a great day. That's a great photo of you with your mom and grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy St. Patrick's Day to you, Colleen! You share a birthday with my mother, who would have been 80 years old yesterday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by & for the happy wishes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog & for leaving a comment. It is always good to hear from visitors, cousins & fellow bloggers. Note that I do not publish anonymous comments.