Sunday, September 14, 2014

Census Sunday – Benjamin Hill Brumfield in MS

I have Christopher W Vinson from FL, my 4th cousin 1x removed, to thank for giving me some information on our joint Brumfield family. He gave me some basics on this branch of the family and from there I did some searching on Ancestry.com. I was able to find these two census reports:




Benjamin Hill Brumfield

20 Jan 1877 MS - 21 Dec 1947
Son of Thomas Meredith Brumfield & Sarah Spiars

1930 US Census; MS, Yazoo, Bentonia Precinct; ED 82-4, SD 6, Sheet 13 B; Benjamin H Brumfield Family; digital image, Ancestry.com.
Benjamin H Brumfield, 55 b MS (b c 1875) parents b MS; age at 1st marriage 47; farmer on general farm; not a veteran
Winnie, wife, 42 b MS; parents b MS
Children all b in MS: Thomas Riley, age 7; John Kayes, age 4; Margaret Winifred, age 3; Benjamin Hill, age 1

1940 US Census; MS; Yazoo; ED 82 – 4, SD 9, Sheet 4A; HB Brumfield Family; digital image, Ancestry.com.
HB Brumfield, 63 b MS (b c 1877) parents b MS; farmer; rented home; 8th grade education
Winnie, wife, 52 b MS
Children all b in MS: Tom, age 18; Kayes John, age 14; Margaret, age 13. [note: missing Benjamin Hill who would be 11]








1 comment:

  1. This may be him even though it's recorded as Buddy Brumfield. Find A Grave Memorial# 68901781 (1928-1932)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog & for leaving a comment. It is always good to hear from visitors, cousins & fellow bloggers. Note that I do not publish anonymous comments.