Thursday, September 16, 2021

Forget Me Not: Fay S. Smith, 1998 MS


I was fortunate to meet Fay & Pat Smith. They both welcomed my family when we visited Mississippi & helped me with my genealogy research. They were kind, generous people and I'm glad to have met them.



 

Fay Seward Smith


6 Dec 1921 MS - 3 Sep 1998 MS

Son of Denny Herbert Smith & Mavis Marie Brown

Husband of Patricia Ann Brock

World War II Veteran

 

My 1stcousin, 1x removed





Fay S. Smith, 76, of Progress, died Sept. 3, 1998, at Beacham Memorial Hospital in Magnolia. Services were at 11 a. m. Saturday at Silver Springs Baptist Church with the Rev. Byron Wilkinson officiating. Burial was in Silver Creek Cemetery with Hartman-Hughes Funeral Home in Tylertown officiating. Mr. Smith was born Dec. 6, 1921, in Pike County. He was the son of the late Denny Herbert and Mavis Brown Smith. He a member of Silver Springs Baptist Church and was a veteran of World War II, serving in the U. S. Army. He and his wife owned and operated Smith’s Grocery in Progress. Survivors include his wife of 49 years, Patricia Brock Smith of Progress; two sons and daughters-in-law, Michael D. and Deborah Smith and Kim L. and Lisa Smith, all of Osyka; one daughter and her husband, Gail and Don Hall of McComb; two sisters, Nathalee Comeaux and Wilma Buhler, both of McComb; and 10 grandchildren. Pallbearers were Dustin M. Smith, James Hall, Jr., Randall A. Sheets, Paul S. Schneider Jr., Joseph A. Schneider and Wade C. Brown.

 

Source: Fay S. Smith. (McComb, MS: Enterprise – Journal, 6 Sep 1998) 10; digital image, Newspapers.com: May 2021.





1 comment:

  1. Colleen, Great Remberance. Patricia Anne Brock Smith is my distant cousin on my Mothers side of our family.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog & for leaving a comment. It is always good to hear from visitors, cousins & fellow bloggers. Note that I do not publish anonymous comments.