Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Letters from the Past – March 1903 Mark brothers Letter

This letter was written between two brothers. It sounds like William, the oldest of 12 children, was making changes in his life. His later life is a mystery to me. I have not been able to pin down his death date or place. In this letter he does say he plans to move.

 

This letter was written to my great grandfather


Thomas Kenneth Mark


19 Jul 1879 Wooster, Wayne, OH - 12 Feb 1975 Wadsworth, Medina, OH

Son of William Mark & Elidia Rebecca Ritter

Husband of Nancy Regina Victoria Gruissy

 

This letter was written by


William M. Mark


12 Feb 1877 Cedar Valley, Wayne. OH – after 1920

Oldest brother of Thomas Kenneth Mark

Husband of Alice Leota Heacock


 

To: Thomas K. Mark, Medina, Ohio

From: Wm. M. Marks, Box 46, Rows, Ohio

Postmarked: 1903 Rows, Ohio

Letter dated: 3/18 1903

 

Dear brother,

 

Your letter received last Eve. we [sic] are all well at Present. I am cutting wood and Building fence if the weather stays warm I can turn my pasture By the 10 of next month. will [sic] move in two weeks. I sold my driving Mare Monday for $150 and Bought one last week that is with foal Tom I will send you an order for the Money on that Note Please send Me the Note The Interest amounts to $6.36 if I made no mistake. I will only charge you $5.00 for the key The balance $40.36 you will find order enclosed I thank you for kindness This leave me a small amount to go in and out of Debt I am feeling good.

 

Love from all good bye

Write soon

 

Wm M Marks

Box 6 Rows O


Notice: William used "Marks" and Thomas used "Mark."

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog & for leaving a comment. It is always good to hear from visitors, cousins & fellow bloggers. Note that I do not publish anonymous comments.