Friday, September 27, 2019

Jimmy Injured Cranking his Car, 1934



James Joseph McCall

28 Jan 1898 NY - 25 Mar 1944 NY
Husband of Marion Coyle McCall
Son of Daniel McCall & Elizabeth Noye

My Great Uncle Jimmy



Jimmy & Marion circa 1940



My cousin, Pat Brady, found this newspaper report of Jimmy breaking his wrist while cranking up his car. It is an accident that would not happen today because it has been decades since cars had to be started with a crank. I'm sorry my uncle was hurt but it is an interesting report!




Source: Newspapers.com
Daily News (New York, New York) · 5 Jan 1934, Fri · Page 427

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog & for leaving a comment. It is always good to hear from visitors, cousins & fellow bloggers. Note that I do not publish anonymous comments.