Would you like to have a calendar that is filled with family photos, past & present? Would you like a calendar that shows the family birthdays & anniversaries, past & present? Several years ago I decided I would like a calendar just like that & I started making one.
I wanted a calendar that I could customize to include family photos on the top page and birthdays and anniversaries on the bottom page. I tried several different companies with mixed results. Then I found Mixbook which lets me do almost everything I want. I can even add various backgrounds and seasonal graphics.
The family calendars have included:
· Artwork created by my talented niece
· Old black & white photographs
· Travel photos
· Wedding & Anniversary photos
· Birthdays going back as far as my 5x great grandfather, Richard Dillon
· Birthdays as recent as our newest grandson, born this year
· Quotes about families & life in general
· Silly photos like people sleeping or photos of people taking photos
The calendar has always been based on my parents, their four children and eight grandchildren. There are now five great grandchildren who are featured on the cover. I have more and more copies printed each year because my cousins, whose faces are always included, ask for copies.
It takes me all year to make the calendar. Every hour of work is worth the time because of the smiles on everyone’s faces when they unwrap the calendar. I love those smiles and I love visiting my family and seeing the calendars hanging on the walls of their homes.
This is a great way to interest your family in genealogy.