Sunday, March 5, 2023

My Irish 2x Great Grandparents

March is time for Irish families & stories. I have Irish ancestors on both sides of my family but mainly from my maternal grandmother, Helen F. Coyle Gardner.

In April 2012 I was able to visit County Cavan, Ireland where my 2x great grandparents lived and were married. With St. Patrick's Day coming, it seems a good time to repost my photos.

  Patrick Coyle

20 May 1841 Ireland – 21 June 1925 CT
Son of Michael Coyle & Mary Cunningham



c 1855 Ireland – 22 November 1934 CT
Daughter of Thomas Brady & Catherine Gibney



Married
11 February 1870, Saint Mary's Church
County Cavan, Ireland


Patrick Coyle & Margaret Brady, CT


Marriage Record for Patrick Coyle and Margaret Brady, 11 February 1870, Roman Catholic Chapel of Carrick, Registar's District of Finea, in the Union of Granard, in the County of Cavan.

Marriage Record for Patrick Coyle and Margaret Brady, 11 February 1870, Roman Catholic Chapel of Carrick, Ballymachugh Parish Records, Register 33b, Page 7, Cavan Genealogy, Johnston Central Library, Farnham Street, Cavan, Ireland.


St. Mary's Church
Photo taken during my 2012 Trip to Ireland.
Location of the wedding of Patrick & Margaret Coyle.


Parents of:

Bernard Coyle
Catherine Coyle
Maria Coyle
Patrick Joseph Coyle
Margaret Coyle
Thomas Albert Coyle
Bridget Imelda Coyle Kelly
Maryanne Coyle Cass
William Paul Coyle


I have written a book about my mother's family, including Coyle, Brady, Mullane & many more. 
Contact me [cgbp@nycap.rr.com] to purchase a copy of this 344 page book.




6 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos and a well prepared family group sheet to represent this Irish family. I hope to do a deeper dive into my own Irish roots sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It took along time for me to dig into my Irish roots but when I did I learned wonderful things!

      Delete
  2. I hope one day to take my Irish paternal lines back to Ireland. I've been to Ireland twice, but still don't know exactly where the ancestors were from. Someday.... Glad you were able to find your Irish roots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos! What a fantastic opportunity to go back to the homeland of your 2nd great grandparents! I have yet to travel to any of the places where my ancestors are from, due to time and financial reasons, but it is definitely a genealogy wish of mine! Wow, kudos to you for writing abook about your mom's family; I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diane. It was a marvelous trip. I did not get all my questions answered but I loved walking in the places my family had walked.

      Delete
  4. I love both perspectives of the church. The first shows a beautiful small church. The latter shows the graveyard just steps away from the door. Sometimes I forget that many old churches are very similar to this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog & for leaving a comment. It is always good to hear from visitors, cousins & fellow bloggers. Note that I do not publish anonymous comments.